Friday, November 12, 2010

Beautiful

I will be the first to admit that I'm a sentimental marshmallow. A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon something wonderful on YouTube. I clicked on a link to a song that I thought was called "Beautiful Gordon" (being related to a very cute person of the same name). Anyway, turns out the song was called "Beautiful," and it was originally performed by Gordon Lightfoot, someone who was way before my time.

I fell in love with the song, and the fact that the singer was a fellow who looked like a happy, bearded Dick Cheney, just made it even better.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZVdw-Rh8gM

When I went back on YouTube to watch the video, I noticed something amazing--a number of video clips from men probably on the downside of 55 who are covering this song. I clicked on them over and over again and heard them singing and playing guitar, resplendent with music and sensitivity that I would never guess from their appearance. Of course, I'm the one with the prejudices and preconceptions, but I love it when I am surprised about people. There is so much more to everyone than meets the eye.

No comments: