Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going Downhill . . .

. . . is not always a bad thing. Husband and I have been trying to ride our bikes every few days. I am very discouraged about how little body strength I have as I try to pedal uphill. We made it to the parking lot by Timponoagos cave last week but I had to stop three times to catch my breath and rest. I don't especially like when we go down the steep hills, especially when my bike feels even the slightest bit wobbly and there are lots of curves, but when we're close to the bottom and we're safe I can finally relax and enjoy the speed and the jolt of energy from all the endorphins that come from the earlier exertion.

I was very annoyed to learn that Beulah was able to ride as far as I can (she goes with her dad when I don't because we're sharing my bike). I'll just have to work harder.

I have enjoyed the moisture and cool temperatures lately but I'm afraid my basil is gone, gone, gone. I had just planted it figuring that now we're in June, it'll be warm enough, but I was wrong. It's barely standing in my garden, all limp and shrivelly.

No comments: