Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Is Why I Have Kids

Sometimes the way Goose talks cracks me up. She can't say her "L"s, so today as I was buckling her in her carseat, she looked at me carefully and said, "Don't run over any wowwee powwees" (Ever since we had some heavy rain a few weeks ago and there were worms all over the driveway, she's been worried about little creatures getting smooshed when I back up. Rolly Polly bugs are her current favorite)

T-Bone had a good birthday, I think. He is such a wonderful boy. As he was opening a present (a lego halefire droid), Cheeseball said, "Hey, I want that." And T-B0ne looks at him and says, "It can be both of ours." Whenever we play Settlers of Catan, T-B0ne never wants to put the robber on anyone's resources--so Cheeseball, who is usually his partner and is much more ruthless in games--ends up calling those shots. If he ever gets candy, he always shares it with the whole family, giving us each a part. He just got a guinea pig and he knew it was a girl and he named it Sarah. For mother's day, he gave me a framed list of reasons why he loves me and when I read, "You weed the garden even when nobody helps you!" I had to burst into tears. Somtimes being a mom is so rewarding.


No comments: